You Focus On Recovery. We Will Focus On The Bills.
Motor vehicle accidents can be life-altering. There is often massive damage to property and severe, lasting injuries as a result. Accidents can even leave an individual permanently disabled or facing catastrophic injuries. You need to focus on recovering – not wondering how you will pay hefty medical bills.
Our lawyer at the Kimsey Law Firm, P.A., focuses on helping clients through difficult times. His priority is getting your medical bills covered by insurance and seeking compensation from the negligent parties. He works hard to ensure that you:
- Do not lose wages from missing work
- Have medical bills fully covered
- Have coverage for future medical needs related to your injury
- Receive compensation for property damage
- Obtain fair compensation for pain and suffering
- Find justice when a loved one dies in an accident
Providing Answers To Key Questions After A Collision
At the Kimsey Law Firm, P.A., our experienced Florida car accident attorney knows that people injured in collisions often face uncertainty. Below, he provides answers to their questions based on years of experience.
What should I do after a car accident in Florida?
Taking the right steps after an accident can be a vital way to protect your access to compensation. Some things to do after a car accident include:
- Check yourself and any passengers for injuries.
- If possible, get to safety.
- Seek medical attention, whether it’s emergency medical assistance at the scene or a doctor examination as soon as possible after the accident.
- Call the authorities to report the accident.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with any other drivers involved.
- Document the accident, including recording the location of the accident and information about the vehicles involved and taking photos of the scene, if possible.
- Contact your insurance company to report the accident.
- Discuss your accident with an experienced attorney.
What is the 14-day accident law in Florida?
Under Florida law, injured people have 14 days to seek treatment after an accident in order to receive insurance benefits to address the cost of those injuries. As a result, seeking immediate medical care is one way for people to protect their access to benefits, even if their injuries do not seem severe at the time.
Who pays for damage in a car accident in Florida?
Florida is a no-fault state, which means that people can receive benefits through their own insurance policy no matter who was at fault in the accident. However, these insurance policies might not cover all the costs related to an accident. In these cases, injured people may want to explore options like a personal injury lawsuit, which can provide vital compensation after a crash caused by another person’s negligence.
Does your insurance go up after an accident in Florida?
Florida law prohibits insurance companies from increasing the cost of your insurance in most cases. However, your costs may rise if the insurance company finds that you were at fault for the accident.
Our Lawyer’s Approach To Motor Vehicle Accidents
Our attorney has 30 years of experience fighting for Florida clients. He will always discuss your options and ensure that you understand the choices available to you – and the possible results of your choices. He will handle the insurance companies so that you can focus on your recovery. With a background serving as insurance company counsel, our lawyer knows precisely how the other side thinks.
He can help you with accidents involving:
- Motor vehicles, such as cars, trucks or SUVs
- Drunk or distracted drivers
- Hit-and-run drivers or speeding
- Semitractor-trailer collisions or rollovers
- Interstate 275 or I-4 or Florida highways 597, 589 or 580
- Uninsured or underinsured drivers
- Defective products, design defects or tire defects
- Traumatic brain injury or other severe injury
- Faulty seat belts, tires or gas tanks
- Dangerous conditions, such as flooding, fog or hydroplaning
- Uber, Lyft or other rideshare services
Contact Our Experienced Attorney Today
When you are injured, our lawyer will work quickly to handle your case efficiently. He is a trial attorney and will always fight for the maximum compensation for your situation. Call 813-867-5930 or reach out online for a free consultation on your Tampa Bay area or Pasco County case.