When Group Disability Coverage Is Denied
If you are a full-time Florida employee, then you may have group disability insurance from your employer. This ensures that you still have an income during a short- or long-term disability.
However, problems can arise if you do not qualify for benefits or leave the company, which will eliminate the disability benefits you had planned on. Some Florida residents may seek a private disability or individual plan when their group disability plan is not enough.
Our Attorney At The Kimsey Law Firm, P.A., Can Help
At the Kimsey Law Firm, P.A., our lawyer has strong ethics and standards for protecting injured or disabled individuals. He believes that you deserve the compensation and disability assistance you are owed.
He knows that insurance companies have many tactics to try and deny your policy coverage or claims. When you work with him, he will fight every step of the way for your rights to disability benefits.
Issues That Your Group Coverage May Face
With 30 years of helping clients with their group disability insurance claims, our attorney has seen a number of problems arise. He is an aggressive litigator and will take your case to court when needed. Reach out if you are facing any of the following circumstances:
- You receive a policy denial because you are not “totally” disabled.
- The unclear language on your policy results in a claim denial.
- The insurance company denies benefits claims.
- You need to file an appeal for your case.
- You left your employer and lost all disability benefits.
- Your employer canceled the group disability plan.
- Benefits are causing tax issues or are capped at a certain amount.
Free Consultations On All Cases
Call us at 813-867-2179 or use our secure online form to set up an appointment. Our lawyer is pleased to offer complimentary consultations to Tampa clients in Hillsborough County, Pasco County and the surrounding areas.